Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Friday, December 21, 2012

Right Where I Belong

Natalia’s about to discover her place in the world . . . and it’s not following in her father’s footsteps.
After watching her father jump from one marriage to the next, Natalia has completely written off love. And when her father divorces his third wife—the only one who has been a mother to her—Natalia is ready to write him off too.
Needing a change of scenery, Natalia leaves her home in Spain and relocates with her stepmother to sun-soaked Florida. But she didn’t realize just how far a new school, a new culture, and a new lifestyle would push her out of her comfort zone.
One of her biggest surprises comes from Brian, a pastor’s son with an adorable smile, who loves God with a sincerity that astounds Natalia. She doesn’t want to fall for him, but she can’t seem to avoid him long enough to get him out of her mind.


Oftentimes, I have wondered where exactly I belong. I look at my mediocre life and think, my friends have this and their life is going where I want to go, but in my life, there seems to be too many lacking things. I'm uncertain about my future, while other friends are going places. After I read this book, I realized that God's plan is bigger my life. He can see further than I can, just like a human vs. an ant. The ant can only see in the space right in front of him, but he can't see what's ahead of him.

Right now, even though I can barely see in front of me, I know that God will steer me in the right direction when the right time comes. Now I am exactly where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment