Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

God Says: Jump!

Outrageous Courage: What God Can Do with Raw Obedience and Radical Faith  -     
        By: Kris Vallotton, Jason Vallotton
    
From the moment her motorcycle pulled up outside Kris Vallotton's small country church years ago, Tracy Evans has been impacting lives. Mentored by Kris, Bill Johnson, and Heidi Baker, Tracy has never been afraid of putting her life on the line repeatedly for Jesus--and God has used her repeatedly to do amazing things for him around the world.

This is her story, as recounted to her closest friends. From treating rebel guerillas while captive on an Asian island, to having tea in a Mozambican hut with bullets whistling by, to caring for 900 HIV-positive orphans, Tracy's story will entrance readers, inspire in them adventurous faith, and challenge them to be radically obedient.

"Every story in this book is true and unembellished," says Kris. "We hope and pray that Tracy will have the kind of impact on you that she has had on all of us. Put on your seatbelt and let the journey begin!"

As I finished reading the last few pages of the book, my heart and mind was on fire for God. I want to also do the same thing, but on a lesser scale. Instead of risking my life with bullets whizzing by, I wanted to make an impact in the education field around the world, helping those less fortunate.

I was awed by the way that she always said yes to God and jumped at the chance. When I compared her with me, I have found that oftentimes, I have said maybe, but dug in my heels. From now on, when God says jump, I will jump even if my life is on the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment