Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Waiting for God's Timing

I have a confession. I like planning for every detail. I always need to know the specifics before doing it. I remember a few times in my life when planning didn't do well for me. God always let me know whether or not I was doing it wrong or it wasn't His plan.

Over the last few years, God has been pushing me back onto His path, and not letting me make my own path. I have been in deep valleys and hanging off a few cliffs (of course not literal cliffs). I can see a few years back when I thought I was going to tutor a 3rd grader and made up this curriculum for him and I ended up with a 6th grader that was homeschooled.

I was a bit nervous when I tutored him, but God gave me the resources to go on and I ended up doing more than succeeding. Even this year, I had a great plan in my mind. I was going to finish college, get my teacher licensure and teach in public school next year.

Appearently, Satan wouldn't let me finish my plan but God had His own plan. I don't know what it is yet, but He will let me know.

Just like Katie and Johnny's situation. Because of strayed paths, they both were going to split. God had a better plan for them, but they didn't see it until they stepped back and let God take the lead.

Even though God is in the lead, I realize I should let Him lead me, instead of planning for my future life.

Here's a little synopsis of the book:

Everything changed between them the first time he called her Katie.
Katherine Yoder has loved Johnny Mullet since they were children, but he never actively returned her affections. Like so many things in their world, he assumes Katherine will always be there. Once his horse farm is a success, then he will court her in earnest.

For several weeks, Katherine has been plagued by severe headaches and dizziness. While resting at home, Johnny unexpectedly visits, but when dizziness strikes, she loses consciousness. She awakens hours later in a hospital bed, unable to remember how she got there.

Seeing Katherine injured and vulnerable stirs something in Johnny, and his guilt compels him to spend time with her while she heals. Soon his heart begins to stir with questions: Does she even remember why he'd come to her house that day?

As Katherine struggles to recall recent memories of Johnny, a surprise visitor arrives in her already unsteady world—a man named Isaac who claims they had been writing letters to each other, even considering marriage, before her illness.

With two men vying for her attention and her memory still elusive, Katherine has never felt so divided. The answer may lie behind a door she never considered opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment