Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Through the Valley of Death

Psalm 23:4 says, "Even though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me".

This verse reverberated through my head as I was reading this book. I connected with Dinah on a personal level. Even though my life is completely different from hers, I felt a heart-to-heart connection with what she was going through.

She was hurt through prostitution, whereas I was hurt through bullying and betrayal, yet we had the same thoughts and the same withdrawal from people around us. We both couldn't see that people around us loved us the way we were. Instead, we pushed them away because of our thoughts about ourselves shrouded our eyes while the devil whispered lies to us.

This book helped me see that though circumstances may lead us through trials, we must hang onto the Lord and lean on Him to get us through these difficult times.

I have read many books by: Kim Vogel Sawyer and I love how her characters are so real and down to earth. Even though Dinah is going through a completely different life than me, her feelings of hurt and emotion are easy to relate with.

I strongly recommend this book for anyone going through a rough patch in life right now. If you can't afford this book in the bookstore, I recommend getting this book through: Blogging for Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment