Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Giving Love Letters

Love letters used to be a way of romancing your second half by knights in shining armor. Whenever you read a romance novel or watch a chick flick, the handsome guy uses a beautiful, poetic love letter to woo his lady love.

Fast forward a couple hundred years in 2015, where the art of letter writing is slowly being replaced by social media, instant text messages, and e-mails. Where is the romance in that? Anyone can write an e-mail these days and send an impersonal e-mail to strangers across the globe.

I may be the only conservative girl out there who still hopes for a love letter written by my prince whom God is preparing for me. I still want the romance of the old times, where the guys pick the flowers from a nearby field and present it in a romantic way.

This is why I still hold out hope that my prince is as romantic as I am. I love the free book I got from Blogging for Books called: The World Needs More Love Letters All-in-One Stationery and Envelopes by Hannah Brencher. This book is made out of 32 pages of stationary that can be turned into a simple envelope. The last few pages of the book is made up of stickers that are used to seal the envelope. The idea is to hide it somewhere ideal that your loved one will find and be inspired by it.

Don't laugh, but my dream date isn't a movie and a dinner. It's a day where my prince and I enjoy a beautiful day enjoying God's creation by having a picnic, flying a kite or doing something that we both enjoy each other's company.

I'm a very romantic person at heart. I would be the person who thinks of creative things to do for the other person like setting up a candlelit dinner or hiding love notes around the house or even making a scrapbook of all the memories of our dates.

I really like how both covers of the book have prompts for people who aren't creative. Each suggestion can be used in each of the 32 pages. I love the last suggestion that says you should write a love letter and then cut up the pieces for your loved one to put together like a treasure hunt of puzzle pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment