Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Grateful Hearts

“I think the trick to having a thankful heart is thinking about the things that make us happy, rather than the things that don’t.”

In this heartwarming story between a mom and a son, they explore how to give thanks for things around them and being content.

In this day and age, children of society are being raised in a "me" environment where everything is about self expression. If I feel like it, I will do it. 

In an article I read this morning, a 12 year old is criticized for hunting big game. Even though I don't condone her actions and do not agree with her opinions, I still do not feel like I should judge her for her actions. 

Rather than pointing fingers, we should feel content for the things around us. 

This inviting addition to the best-selling God Gave Us series, helps little ones to understand how giving thanks warms hearts and brings joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment