Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Love Overcomes All

After solving the Mayor’s murder and exposing corruption among the top brass in Las Playas, Carly Edwards is happy to be back on patrol with her partner Joe, putting bad guys behind bars. For once everything in life seems to be going just right.
But then everything starts going wrong. Slow to recover from an injury, her ex-husband Nick, begins pulling away just as they were starting to get close again. Meanwhile when Joe’s wife lands in the hospital with a mysterious illness, their baby is kidnapped. As Carly chases down every lead in a desperate search to find the baby, her newfound faith is pushed to its limits.

This book is a thriller that can't be put down, when started. I finished this book in two days straight. I stayed up late every day and woke up as soon as I could to finish the book and get to the end. Even though there was an adventure on every page, there was still a freshness in Christianity in it. The author doesn't just preach God's word, but uses the characters by applying the Word of God into the book.

In this book, there was a message that spoke loud and clear to me. Love overcomes all. There was a time in my life that I admit, I was overcome with bitterness. I couldn't see past the hurt that many people over the years piled on me. But when I chose to forgive those people, peace and love started flowing into me. Of course it wasn't instant forgiveness, but my heart felt lighter than it has ever before.

I got this free book from: Tyndale House Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment