Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Monday, August 27, 2012

Trusting God with the Bigger Things

A moving story of hope, faith, persistence and the power of dreams.
A piano prodigy, a nineteen-year-old college grad, a Marshall scholar, and an American Idol finalist. This guy had it made. He could sing.
He could ski blind. What couldn’t he do?
Even if you saw him in concert, you might not believe that Scott MacIntyre is blind, and you’d never guess that at nineteen, he faced a diagnosis that rocked his family and nearly took his life.
So how did he do it? How did he overcome the odds?
This is Scott’s story, but he’d be the first to tell you that it’s not really about him. This is the story of how God used a dedicated family, a selfless acquaintance, hardship, and a host of characters to give him life, faith, determination, and experiences most can only imagine.

As I read this book, I was encouraged. I know that my life is 100 times better than his, in that I can see with my my eyes, but I admire his faith in God. For a few days now, I've been in a stressful situation that like Scott, the situation was beyond my control. I was not given a choice, but I felt as though I've been thrown into a pit and there is no way out. Then a devotion that I subscribed to had a lesson about peace and how even amidst chaos, God still wanted me to have peace in my heart and trust in Him to work things out.

So even though in my mind and heart, I am worried about the situation, I told Him that I will trust and follow His guidance in this situation, just like Scott trusted God with his every step.

I got this book from: www.booksneeze.com

No comments:

Post a Comment