Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Letting Go

We all deal with anger in our lives, whether it be in a subtle or violent manner. Being angry can involve such emotional expressions as frustration, irritability, annoyance, aggravation, blowing off steam, or fretting.

The good news is anger can be managed. In The Anger Workbook Les Carter, Ph.D., and Frank Minirth, M.D., offer a unique 13-step interactive program that will help you:
  • Identify the best ways to handle anger
  • Understand how pride, fear, loneliness, and inferiority feed your anger
  • Uncover and eliminate the myths that perpetuate anger-"Letting go of my anger means I am conceding defeat" or "No one understand my unique problems."
  • Identify learned patterns or relating, thinking, and behaving in your life that influence your anger.
After I read this book, I understood anger a lot better. I was in the category of: pride and that fed to my anger. I was too proud to let go of my anger and that ate me up, quite literally. Because I was angry at one person, my whole life was all about how that one person made me feel.

Not to worry, my silent audience. It's not a boyfriend, BUT it is a guy. I even went to the police station to file a report and it's all solved now, at least the physical part of it. The emotional part wouldn't go away, and my heart just refused to rest in peace. This book gave me insight as to how to let go and control that part of me. I'm not saying that this book is a miracle and I read it, so POOF! All my anger did not disappear in my night. All I'm saying is that this book has some good advice and it spoke to me.

I got this book from: Booksneeze

No comments:

Post a Comment