Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Past Life

Long Trail Home is part of a six-book series about four generations of the Morgan family living, fighting, and thriving amidst a turbulent Texas history spanning from 1845 to 1896.  Although a series, each book can be read on its own.

When Riley Morgan returns home after fighting in the War Between the States, he is excited to see his parents and fiancée again. But he soon learns that his parents are gone and the woman he loved is married.
Riley takes a job at the Wilcox School for the blind just to get by. He keeps his heart closed off but a pretty blind woman, Annie, threatens to steal it.
Through painful circumstances, Riley and Annie learn that the loving and sovereign hand of God cannot be thwarted.

The sovereign hand of God cannot be thwarted....I'm seeing that in my own life now. My heart was hurt so bad when I was a child, I kept huge walls of steel around my heart and God is now breaking down the walls, little by little. I'm fighting it at every turn, yet even my mom knows that God is trying to break down the walls so that He could use me greatly in the future.

Even though I went to Liberty University, all my roommates were double-standard Christians. I have roomed with every kind of person, yet they all still profess that they love God with all their heart. I have had racist roommates, violent roommates and verbally abusive roommates. This year, my roommate is an only child and she has had a 24/7 maid with her all her life until this semester.

Life has been tough, but I feel as though God has been putting me through all these trials to break down the steel walls of my heart, so that when I finally surrender myself to him, he'll be able to use me for his greatness in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment