Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Heaven Hears

On June 19, 2001, Ryan Corbin, grandson of Pat Boone, accidently stepped through a skylight and fell three stories onto a cement floor. When he broke through that roof, Ryan fell into a very different life from the one he had before as the beloved son of Lindy Boone Michaelis and first grandson of entertainment icon Pat Boone. As Ryan lingered between life and death in intensive care at UCLA Medical Center, Pat and Lindy decided to take action, in a big way; they went on "Larry King Live," shared their faith, and asked millions of TV viewers to pray for Ryan. And so, they prayed. "Heaven Hears" is an unbelievable story of answered prayer--and it's not over yet. This book will inspire you to look for answers to prayer and to see God's miracles.

This book awed me. I was stricken with fear when Ryan lingered in intensive care, and I could not put down the book for fear that he could've died on me while I did something else. As I read to the end, I felt God's presence all around me as I was inspired to pray for the impossible things.

If Ryan's life could be saved through prayers, what can my prayers do?

No comments:

Post a Comment