Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Friday, May 24, 2013

Parenting With God

The first time I laid eyes on that book, I knew I had to read and review it. That book is every parent's dream and I'm going to use it when my children is born.

Now I know what you are thinking: I don't have kids and I'm not even married. In fact, I'm still single. (That's besides the point.) The point is, planning ahead is most effective. Even though I'm not at the spot where I need to be thinking that far ahead, as my friend Liz told me, I would like to be prepared in life.

It's like the one day I turned 5 1/2 and my dad told me that he wanted me to go to college. My dad is huge on planning ahead and everything. The day after I graduated from High School, my dad said I needed to start registering for college classes and buying my textbooks for the coming semester. After my books arrived in the mail, my dad started nagging me about taking notes and reading the textbooks. And this was like the middle to end of June.

So with that said, thinking about my kids' futures isn't that far ahead and that's why I wanted this book. This book is different in that it doesn't just give you a table of contents about what to say when the topic arises, but it also gives you discussion questions and Bible verses to back up the "teachable moments".

Parenting with Scripture is an easy to use topical resource that parents of toddlers through teens can use when teachable moments arise. This effective guide helps teach children how to think and apply God's Word in their daily lives.
The 101 alphabetically arranged two-page topics address behavior, attitude, emotions, and actions. Examples include Forgiveness, Humility, Anger, and Procrastination. Each topic is comprised of Scripture passages, discussion questions, action items, and parenting tips. This revised edition of Parenting with Scripture adds detailed help for parents to quickly identify teachable moments and know what to do when they appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment