Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Christmas Story

When I heard that this book was by Max Lucado, I was excited to get this book or review. When I got it, I wasn't too happy about the illustrations. It seemed lacking and uninteresting.

The story line wasn't too bad, although I would change the biblical fact that Gabriel appeared to Mary in the morning and not at night. I don't know if I would actually read this book to my children because of that apparent typo from morning to night.

The book's synopsis follows the Bible from the Mary and Joseph to the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem. The vocabulary is the right age for preschool to elementary children. And it might make a good Christmas tradition to read the birth of the Jesus during the holiday, but I might need to read another version of a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment