Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Don't Reinvent the Wheel

I was pretty excited to receive this book in the mail, but I didn't get too much insight about this book. Maybe my expectations were too high? I really wanted a book that told you how not to reinvent the wheel, but still give you motivational insight to doing things better and faster.

I didn't get very far in this book, but I read at least 3/4 of it. I couldn't even bring myself to finish the book. The summary in the back makes the book thrilling, but it didn't seem to spark my interest when I read it.

This book is about making you BETTER by teaching you how to overcome the neurological traps that block smart teams and successful people, like you, from realizing full potential. Then, it will make you FASTER by teaching you  6 patterns of opportunity. Shortcuts we've learned from advising 300 of the world's most innovative companies and from our study of 250,000 ideas and 100,000,000 people.

Each pattern you’ll learn is a repeatable shortcut that has created fortunes for ex-criminals, reclusive billionaires, disruptive CEOs and ordinary people who unexpectedly made it big.

No comments:

Post a Comment