Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Lord is My Shepherd

I got this book from: Blogging for books.

The Lord is my Shepherd; I Shall Not Want.

Psalm 23 is more than just a lovely poem; it is a profound description of the relationship God offers you. In this refreshing, exhilarating book by Tony Evans, you will discover anew one of the most beloved passages of Scripture—and the Shepherd who is more than enough to meet all your needs.

When your spiritual energy is drained, He’ll lead you to refreshment.
When you’re confused by the world around you, God will guide you onto the right path.
When your life seems threatened by forces outside your control, God promises His protection.

That was my introduction to the book. I really doubted that Tony Evans knew his stuff. I decided to read it and find out. The book has six easy chapters that split off into sections that concern one's life journey. I was still very skeptical about the book until I read to chapter three, which talked about God being more than enough for our life's direction. As I read the chapter, I thought about all the issues of the present that I'm facing and fighting against God for. He wants me to go down a path, and lacking spiritual gifts like Moses, I dug in my heels and fought against the push of God.

When I read this chapter, I learned that even if we stray off the path, God will use alternate routes to guide us to His destination, like a GPS system. 

For those of whom are still struggling to see God's will and calling, I recommend that you read this book. Who knows? It might change your life for the better.

14 comments:

  1. Hey! I understand this is somewhat off-topic however I had to ask.
    Does running a well-established blog such as yours require a massive amount work?
    I'm completely new to writing a blog but I do write in my journal everyday. I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my own experience and views online.
    Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips for new aspiring bloggers.
    Appreciate it!

    Stop by my webpage: credit card application

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually honored that you think my blog is well-established because I just share my thoughts about what I read about and only recently have my views on my blog exceeded my hopes for this blog.

      I really did want readers, but I didn't expect this many people to read the stuff I post.

      It would be even nicer if people actually stopped posting random links on my site after their comments!

      Delete
  2. Hi. I noticed your blog title, "Blogger: Through Her Eyes" doesn't really reflect the content of your web page. When writing your site title, do you think it's most beneficial to write it for Search engine optimisation or for your viewers?

    This is one thing I've been struggling with due to the fact I want good rankings but at the same time I want the best quality for my website visitors.

    Look into my blog post :: student loan deferment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is totally up to you. My intentions for starting this site was originally stemmed from the title, but I've diverged onto another path. If you look at it from another point of view, it is still through my eyes because no one else have the thoughts as me as I review these books on my site, coupled with those thoughts of the day.

      Delete
  3. Hello! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa?

    My website goes over a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel
    we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you are interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!
    Wonderful blog by the way!

    my page ... online stock trading services

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?
    I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
    Would you recommend starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for
    a paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm totally confused .. Any recommendations? Many thanks!

    My blog: healthpyramid99.blinkweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is also free, so I would start with a free blog and go on to a paid one later on when you have regular viewers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd certainly donate to this fantastic blog! I guess for now i'll
    settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google
    account. I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group.
    Chat soon!

    My web site online finance degree

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! This is the second time visiting now and I really just wanted to say I truley get pleasure from
    looking through your blogging site. I've decided to bookmark it at stumbleupon.com with the title: Blogger: Through Her Eyes and your Website address: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6620770403668037935&postID=3225373453611873168. I hope this is okay with you, I'm making an attempt to give your terrific blog a bit
    more visibility. Be back soon.

    Also visit my web site: goji juice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I've been following your blog for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Dallas Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the great job!

    Check out my blog post - refrigerator parts and repair

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit
    and sources back to your webpage? My website is in the very same area of interest as yours and my visitors would truly benefit from some of
    the information you provide here. Please let me know if this alright with you.
    Thanks a lot!

    Here is my homepage - real estate investing for canadians for dummies (www.newswire.net)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it,
    you can be a great author.I will remember to bookmark your
    blog and will eventually come back later in life. I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great writing, have a nice evening!


    my web site; refrigerator parts and repair *guide.bhg-online.net*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings! I've been reading your website for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the great job!

    Also visit my web site; emergency appliance repairs **

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you will be a
    great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will often come back
    at some point. I want to encourage that you continue
    your great posts, have a nice morning!

    Have a look at my webpage; appliance repairs

    ReplyDelete