Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Monday, July 2, 2012

The Tunnel to the Past

Many of us have a past we would like to forget. Others have buried their past so deep into the ground that the happy memories have also been repressed. None of us would ever want to relive our secretive past, right?

In the book, "Jesus, my father, the CIA", the boy of 16 revisits his past to find a photo of his two-year-old self waving happily. On a further look, the writer comes to terms that the little boy in the photo is frantically gesturing to his present self to look inside of oneself to find the true person.

In this book, I also came to terms with my past self. I realized that I have been living in the shadows for far too long. Hiding away in the shadows of other people's spotlights make me realize that God does not want me to relive the bitterness nor the hatred of the people who have done me wrong. Rather, I am to give up this burden of judging other people to Him, so that I will be freed from the shadow's grasp on my soul.



I got this free book from: Booksneeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment