Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Friday, December 20, 2013

Learning about My Limitations

Everyone has limits, don't they? Some have more than others, but everyone has them. I used to think I had more limitations than others until I stepped back and realized that I don't. I don't mean to get all philosophical on my readers, but it's just something to think about.

When I got this book, I was in a place where lots of people get. If I just read this book, maybe my problems will lessen. I've finished this book, and I don't think my problems will lessen, but it will help solve my future problems. I used to think religion was just a means to an end, a concept where you find what you're looking for and then in the end, there is only one true answer.

Don't get me wrong. I was born into a Christian family and I never debated that fact. When I was admitted as a student at Liberty University, I started to question what it really meant to be Christian. These people I live with, go to class with, converse with, and eat with...yet, because of their limitations, they lash out at me. I started questioning people's motives/actions towards me or anyone else for that matter.

They believed in: legalism, pride, achieving results using any technique, reliance on the human mind, having a faulty foundation, in bondage, and other things. This book by Sandie Freed called: Letting Go of your Limitations is about how a person with these problems can let them go. I learned numerous things that I wish I had learned before stepping in to Liberty as a student.

I can't make up for the time lost at the hands of self-righteous pharisees, but I can recommend this book to others who can then read this book and solve their own problems.

I got this book from: Bethany House Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment