Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Broken Melody

Broken Melody resonated with me for some reason. When I first read the summary on Book Crash, I knew I had to get my hands on that book. I was drawn to Danae. She was very believable as a character and her feelings were raw. I really liked how the plot thickened as the reader went through the book.

All the characters developed well and the author even added a little bit of God in the book. It was sneaky and I liked that. People who don't believe in the faith would pick the book up and be preached to without even mentioning salvation. That's amazing. I never thought about doing that in my novels. I have to put that in somewhere now in my book.

Just like the book, A French Girl in New York,by: Anna Adams, the plot goes similarly down the same path. Maude, a girl that taught herself the piano is discovered in Paris and trained by a studio to perform in piano and voice. I really liked how Broken Melody portrayed life on the other side of a happy family.

Even though I cannot empathize with her, I know a little of her feelings. I was a little lost when trying to discover who I really was in college. But to have been in an abusive foster care and trying to discover yourself would be hard. Yet, many many girls out there are facing the same problems and they don't have good friends like Anne to support them through it.

As I read to the end, I realized I could be the Annes in each Danae's life I meet through my classroom. Since I am their teacher, I would be the help and support they need in their life. The author should write more books like this one.

I thoroughly liked this book and others with similar plots. I would recommend this book to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment