Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Saturday, January 25, 2014

All in 2night!

I loved this book, even though I don't have a means to try it out right now. I loved the activities it mentioned, so I tried a few out when I babysat and just changed a few things in easier activities to fit all three children.

This book is recommended for families that want to spend time together and having a bonding moment at least once a week. While I do not have a family of my own, I tried it in a classroom setting and with a little of bit change, I made some of the activities work, like: All-in circle time. Instead of talking about the weather, we talked about issues that the students might be facing at recess time and more students have opened up to me because they feel comfortable sharing about their life while we are in that circle in the afternoon after recess.

I even shared some of the activities with my aunt's family because they need a family get-together session badly and my cousin says she will try it with some of her siblings so she will get the support she needs.

I recommend this book to parents who need a moment to bond with their children, away from the busyness of life or a teacher in need of some discussion time that will help bond the classroom together.

I got this book from: Book Crash! 

No comments:

Post a Comment