Quotes to Live By

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
(John Quincy Adams)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)

Every artist was first an amateur. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

It takes ten years to build up a reputation, but only five minutes to ruin one. (Anonymous)

Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Dancing Master

The Dancing Master is about a village built on misunderstandings and how tradition gets in the way of healing. Lady Amelia is in charge of Medlands and the surrounding village and banned dancing and singing in the village. Julia, her daughter is surrounded in mystery from her birth onward.

Filled with mystery and romance, The Dancing Master brings to life the intriguing profession of those who taught essential social graces for ladies and gentlemen hoping to make a "good match" in Regency England.

I can't really give away what Julia's origins are, but it is surprising at the end. I liked the characterization of the plot, but it is slow in some parts. There were too many details and too many things going on at the same time. So I give it three stars, instead of five.

I was intrigued with the dancing since my imagination can going go so far. But now I can say I'm much more curious about learning to dance ballroom and things like that. I can't imagine learning it myself, but it will be something to put on my bucket list for the future.

I got this book from: Bethany House Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment